Terms & conditions
Baregota Tour and Travel undertakes to ensure that all possible care is taken so that the travel arrangements specified in your itinerary run efficiently and successfully. These booking conditions seek to explain as clearly as possible the responsibilities undertaken between us when you make, and we accept, a reservation.
Terms and conditions
Confirming your booking
- The person named in the booking form as client is acting on behalf of themselves and each person named on that form as additional clients and is responsible for ensuring that each additional client is fully aware of these booking conditions.
- The lead client warrants that he/she is authorized by the additional clients including, where an additional client is under 18 years of age, the parent or legal guardian.
- No additions or changes may be made to the booking conditions except in writing and agreed to by Mr. Amlaku Yaregal Teshome the Owner and General Manager of Baregota Tour and Travel, or his legal representative holding power of attorney.
- On receipt of the signed tour agreement and confirmation invoice, a non-refundable deposit of 30% per person is to be paid in order for the booking to be confirmed.
- We will confirm the booking, including the final itinerary and confirmed hotel list.
- No firm reservation exists until we have issued this tour agreement and received back from you your signed and scanned copy.
- Payment of the balance of the tour price is due 6 weeks before the tour commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in your reservation being cancelled and your deposit forfeited.
- It is the responsibility of individual clients to ensure that they are in possession of a valid passport, visa if required, and any necessary health, vaccination or inoculation certificates.
You are required to arrange comprehensive travel insurance, which should be taken out at the time of booking.
- Cover should include cancellation, death, personal accident, medical expenses, loss of luggage and personal effects, personal liability, and emergency repatriation of all clients.
- Clients will need to provide their travel insurance company details – policy number, emergency 24-hour contact details.
- The same conditions apply if your travel insurance is linked to your credit card or bank account, with details of the insurer and their emergency contact number being required.
- We need these details from a client before the trip commences. Without them, clients will not be able to join the trip.
- Baregota Tour and Travel has insurance for all means of transportation which will be used during the tour.
- The insurance policy works according to the Ethiopian government law.
Cancellation of a confirmed booking by a client due to personal circumstances after signing the Tour Agreement will result in a cancellation fee being applied.
- Cancellations 6 weeks or more before departure will mean that we will retain the deposit.
- Cancellations one month prior to departure will incur a loss of 50% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations less than one month prior to departure will incur the loss of 100% of the tour booking.
- If after commencement of the Tour, the Tour has to be stopped because of changed personal circumstances of the client, Baregota Tour and Travel cannot guarantee any refund, but will do its best to refund expenses which are not yet paid.
- Terrorism, political instability, natural disasters, epidemics and other events which are beyond our control may cause a tour to be cancelled. Refunds will be made, less any unrecoverable costs which Baregota Tour and Travel has already paid.
Responsibility and liability
- The staff of Baregota Tour and Travel will conduct every tour as arranged with each individual client to the best of their ability.
- If, despite this, you have any concerns during the Tour, please contact the Baregota Tour and Travel office in Addis Ababa as quickly as possible so we can do our best to resolve the issue.
- However, Baregota Tour and Travel cannot be held responsible for cancellations caused by unrest, war, epidemics, other natural calamities, or over-bookings made by third parties (such as hotels, airlines, transport companies or other Travel agencies).
- Although we only make use of safe and well insured cars and other materials and every possible care is taken to safeguard our clients and their properties, Baregota Tour and Travel cannot be held responsible for any loss of or harm to personal goods, or the consequences of sickness, accidents or calamities. All extra costs resulting from the above mentioned situations are the responsibility of the client, meaning that travel insurance is mandatory.
- Baregota Tour and Travel will use its best efforts to assist our clients in dealing with third parties in cases of need such as theft, sickness, injuries or other calamities.
- All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the court of Ethiopia.
- Our clients are obliged to travel with good travel and health insurance policies.
- Tour prices can be provided upon request.
- Prices are not fixed, but depend on infrastructure prices, for example hotel, salary, and fuel prices, as well as currency exchange rate changes.
- Baregota Tour and Travel reserves the right to adapt an earlier given price up to one month before the commencement of the Tour.
- After payment of the total tour price by the client no price adjustments will be made.
All prices include
- Accommodation is on a twin share basis, with an additional charge for single rooms if required.
- Ground transportation, inclusive of driver, fuel and other vehicle related charges, is by modern air-conditioned minibus or 4WD vehicles, as appropriate.
- Domestic airfares, where flights form part of the tour.
- Services of local guides during site visits.
- All breakfasts.
- Airport and City transfers.
- Entrance and other fees, state taxes, and security guards.
All prices exclude
- International airfares, visas, and travel insurance.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenses – souvenirs, laundry, tips.
- All lunches and dinners.
- Video or photography fees or tips at different sites.
- The client appreciates and acknowledges that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and should be prepared for alternatives.
- The outline itinerary as given for each tour must therefore be taken as an indication only of what each group may accomplish and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
- It is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, events emanating from political disputes, climate and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances.
- We try to be as flexible as possible with each tour in order to satisfy a client’s particular interests. These interests should be discussed when making the tour booking.